Monday, August 15, 2016

BEWARE OF EXTREME AIRE: A SAMSUNG-ACCREDITED REPAIR SHOP

I had a sad experience with Extreme Aire, an accredited service provider of Samsung Electronics (Phils.) located along MacArthur Highway, Potrero, Malabon City. I hadn’t really gotten around to filing a formal complaint with Samsung Electronics (Phils.) but I intend to. I’m unsure if they are even officially accredited by brands like Koppel, GE, Daewoo and Fedders that appear on their store sign.

When my refrigerator broke down over a year ago, I had the misfortune of getting their name from the website of Samsung Electronics (Phils.) so I contacted them and they sent two technicians to look at my unit. Unfortunately, these technicians
conned me into paying them P2,900 (plus P200 tip) for a botched repair job. They initially diagnosed the problem as a Freon leak and made repairs for such – which I paid for – but it turned out that it was an irreparable compressor unit. After I complained to the owners of Extreme Aire and asked for a refund, they refused. They even refused to issue an Official Receipt even as they insisted on holding on to my cash payment!

During my lengthy conversation and text messaging with the owner of Extreme Aire, it seemed to me that they didn’t’ care whether their technicians made the correct call or not – meaning that the risk is up to the client. Extreme Aire should take full responsibility for the competence and for the character of their personnel and Samsung Electronics (Phils.) should see to it that only those that fit a high ethical standard for consumer relations get accredited by the brand.

Calling on Mr. Binggoy Mauricio or Mr. Jerry Lacson of Samsung Electronics (Phils.) – please look into the shady character of Extreme Aire and take them off your accredited service provider list as soon as possible. A business partner of this sort will give the brand a bad reputation.


No comments:

Post a Comment